Teror – San Isidro - Arbejales - Teror
Path SL 4 HERITAGE (Circular Teror - San Isidro - Arbejales - Teror)
This path begins at the back of the Basilica, taking on the street Casa Huerta and going in direction to the street Del Chorrito, where we previously left a playground on the right. About 400 meters walking on tarmac, we’ll find a cement rise to the right. Simply follow the signs that put down Cruz de la Hoya Alta (cross) or Talayón, the highest point to reach. At this particular point we turn left along the mountain, on the top we can see a cross, and this is the Cruz Del Talayón. We will begin the descent down on a dirt road that will exchange with a cement track. During the decline we will arrive to a water reservoir, at this point we turn left for going down to the neighborhood of San Isidro. Cross the main road to enter into another road, which will take us to Arbejales, and there we take the road that lead us to Teror.
Basílica Nuestra Señora del Pino
The Basilica de Nuestra Señora Del Pino is the most important building of the municipality and one of the prominent in the religious architecture of the Canary Islands. Around this building was organized in its origins the urban development of Teror and the evolution of its Historic Center. Among the most important awards that owns the building are: minor Basilica, granted in 1916 by Pope Benedict XV, and National Monument in 1976.
Iglesia Sagrado Corazón de Jesús (Sacred Heart of Jesus)
It is located in Llano Roque, now known as neighborhood of Sagrado Corazón de Jesús (Arbejales). The construction began in May 1913 and was inaugurated in June 1918. In 1940 was declared as an independent parish. After the Basilica del Pino, it is one of the most prominent temples of the municipality in terms of architectural value.
Ermita de San Isidro (San Isidro Hermitage)
It is located in the district of San Isidro, a few meters from the source of San Isidro and next to a camino real ( royal path ), surrounded by a special charm landscape.
It was built and funded by the canon Juan González Falcón at the end of the 17th century, next to his house. From there his children and family could hear the mass without mingling with the public. The compacted structured hermitage owns an important artistic heritage in its main altarpiece, presided by the image of San Isidro, and in its other images of saints and the altar tiles. Today the hermitage is private property and is attached to the Cortijo de San Isidro (Cottage of San Isidro). To visit the hermitage, contact with the Tourism Office.
Cruz de la Hoya Alta. (cross)
It is located on the top of a mountain visible from the historic center of Teror. It was placed the 1st of January 1901 to celebrate the entry in the 20th century. It was made in the village and then carried in pieces to the place. In May, several inhabitants of the municipality go to the place to cover the cross with branches. In traditional society the 3rd of May constituted a festivity and a rite that began the previous day. On the door of every house they cover a small cross with branches, and it continues with bigger crosses over roads and mountains, where the nearby neighborhood attends. It refers to a large proportions wooden cross.
The wood is dark and rather rounded with almost 3 meters height.
In 1999 was moved to the gardens of the Episcopal Palace, today seat of the Cultural Centre. In its place they have put a new one in January 2000. Therefore its current use is in museum.